Pigskin Fever  

Go Back   Pigskin Fever > NFC > Detroit Lions

Detroit Lions Discuss anything and everything about the Detroit Lions.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:23 PM
I'll SUH you!

Talking Party like it's 1999!

Hip hip, hooray! The Millen-less Lions have clinched a playoff berth for the first time since 1999, solidifying the notion that Matt Millen truly knows nothing about running an NFL franchise, aside from into the ground. QB Matt Stafford and WR Calvin Johnson have proven to be a fantastic offensive duo, probably the most exciting the league has to offer this season. With basically no running game to speak of, this team still managed to claw it's way through the regular season and into the playoffs. The real scary thing is how young the skill players are on this team...they'll only get better from here.

Did you think they'd pull it off? How far into the playoffs do they go? Speak up!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Seahawks

Congrats to the Lions for going to the playoffs!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I'll SUH you!

As a die-hard fan, I say: THANK YOU! I'm a true homer, so even though football is my second-favorite sport (next to baseball), it's been tough times, until now. Suffering through the Millen years was the worst, especially when they gave him that 5-year contract extension.

All those 1st-round picks that went up in flames (Charlie Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Joey Harrington, blah blah blah). We seem to have a great GM in Martin Mayhew now, and even though we're almost certain to be bounced out of the playoffs before midnight this Saturday, we're heading in the right direction. I ripped the team when they drafted Stafford, but I'll gladly eat that crow now. He's possibly the most underrated QB in the league now, having just posted the fifth-most passing yards in a season in NFL history (also besting Marino's all-time record, along with a few others).

I'd love to see a re-vamped O-line next season, and for the team to lock up Steven Tulloch to a long-term deal. Lions still need a lock-down CB, and some better teammates in that secondary. Glad the D-line is very young and very talented, helps out in a division that features the probably MVP in Rodgers, as well as Cutler.