Pigskin Fever  

Go Back   Pigskin Fever > AFC > Cincinnati Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals Discuss anything and everything about the Cincinnati Bengals.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:58 PM
CHEER CINCINNATI

Send a message via AIM to redlegsfan21
Default Bengals' Henry Jailed on Alcohol Charge

COVINGTON, Ky. (AP) -Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was sent to jail for two days on Thursday after pleading guilty to allowing minors to drink alcohol in his hotel room last spring.
He is one of nine players on the team arrested in the past 13 months. Henry has been arrested four times as a Bengals player.

"You brought shame with this on yourself," Kenton County District Judge Greg Grothaus told Henry. "You embarrassed a lot of people."

Grothaus sentenced Henry to 90 days in jail. He suspended all but two days, and ordered Henry to begin serving those two days immediately.

"It's good that this case involving Chris has been resolved," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said. "Now Chris must continue to strive to mature and grow both as a player and as a person."

On June 3, Henry was charged with driving under the influence in Clermont County, Ohio. He entered a guilty plea there on Wednesday to a reduced charge of reckless operation of a vehicle, and got a suspended 30-day sentence.

Henry originally was charged in Covington with three counts of unlawful transaction with a minor. Police said he brought alcohol for three females - ages 18, 16 and 15 - in a Covington motel room April 29. One of the three, Monica Beamon, 18, was charged with murder in Cincinnati last September.

Bob Lotz, attorney for Henry, said other witnesses said Henry was not drinking alcohol and did not bring the alcohol. He said Henry rented the hotel room where the minors were drinking, a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law."

Lotz declined comment on the sentence.

Henry had avoided jail time while resolving his first two criminal cases. His first arrest came in December 2005, also in northern Kentucky. He pleaded guilty to marijuana possession and completed a drug rehabilitation program.

In September, he avoided jail time by pleading guilty in an Orlando, Fla., court to a concealed weapon charge. He had been accused of pulling the weapon during a fight. Henry got 100 hours of community service and was put on probation for two years.

The NFL last year suspended Henry for two games for violating its substance abuse and conduct penalties. He also was benched for one other game by the Bengals.

http://sports.myway.com/news/01252007/v5756.html
I wish Chris Henry would go away.

THE RED AND BLACK SHALL TRIUMPH
Old 01-26-2007, 11:07 PM
aka 2Chance

Here's to the judge for bringing the hammer down on Chris Henry. His antics have been tolerated by too many for too long.

Anybody think the Bengals ought to try getting rid of him before he ends up spending the other 88 days in lockup? Surely SOMEBODY would take a chance on this guy.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

The thing about the Bengal delinquents is that most of them are quite talented. I wouldn't mind the Falcons picking up Chris Henry or Odell Thurman, if they could only get over their off-field problems they'd be Pro Bowlers.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:45 AM
CHEER CINCINNATI

Send a message via AIM to redlegsfan21

But, you don't know how Chris Henry plays. I made this comparison.
Ability to Catch=Ability to Catch
Chad Johnson=Ryan Freel
T.J. Houshmanzdeh=Ken Griffey
Chris Henry=Adam Dunn

THE RED AND BLACK SHALL TRIUMPH
Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

I remember him torching the Falcons DB's, but then again everybody torched our DB's. I guess I don't see enough of Henry to know how he plays every week.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:43 AM

This is just getting ridiculous. I mean, the Bengals need to do something to stop their players from getting into so much trouble.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
This is just getting ridiculous. I mean, the Bengals need to do something to stop their players from getting into so much trouble.
Welcome to Pigskin-Fever, Moose!! I agree with you, but it's very hard to control what grown men do in their off time.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Seahawks

R.I.P. Chris Henry

Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Bryant Gumbel... SHUT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Being on the Bengals is thug life you know