Pigskin Fever  

Go Back   Pigskin Fever > AFC > San Diego Chargers

San Diego Chargers Discuss anything and everything about the San Diego Chargers.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
mostly hydrogen & oxygen

Default San Diego cuts LT

First Clown:
This same helmet, sir, was, sir, Tomlinson's helmet, the Chargers' Bolt.

Hamlet:
This? [Takes the helmet]

First Clown:
E'en that.

Hamlet:
Alas, poor Tomlinson! I knew him, a fellow of infinite ability to amaze and evade, of most excellent break-away speed. He hath bore the Chargers on his back a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it.

Hamlet Act 5, scene 1 (sorta)

The San Diego Chargers officially released LaDainian Tomlinson -- the franchise leader in rushing yards, overall yards and touchdowns. He has a MVP on his resume and is the single season touchdown record holder for running backs. He lead the team to the playoffs five times in his nine-year career.

At his peak Tomlinson, or just LT, was the very best of the best in the league and certainly has to be included in any discussion about the greatest running back in football history.

Whether or not LT will endure in football after San Diego is unknown. At the moment, it's not even relevant. For a moment let's remember the mind-boggling feats LT routinely achieved and made look easy, and how he always performed with class.